Who we are
Our website address is: https://kimwhitestyle.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our full legal statement
Kim White Style Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 19, 2020
This Privacy Notice only applies to information collected on the Site and is not intended to fully describe our privacy policies. It does not, for example, apply to information collected offline or through any website operated by any third party, even if it is linked to or accessible from the Site. The Privacy Notice describes the information that we gather from you, how we use and disclose your information, and the steps we take to protect your information. By using the Site, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- The information that we collect about you and how we collect it:
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, which may include certain “Personal Information” (information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, financial account information, any photographs with identifiable persons, any social media handles, IP address, and other similar types of information), other information that is about you but cannot independently be used to identify you, and information about your internet connection, equipment you use to access the Site and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site and from third parties, such as our business partners or service providers.
- Information you provide:
You may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Site; when you register for an account; when you participate in online surveys; when you purchase products or services on the Site or when you contact us or request information about us, this Site or our products or services (whether by email or other means).
Your financial information, such as payment method (credit card number and expiration date), is used and stored by our third-party service provider, [INSERT NAME of PAYMENT PROCESSOR] (“Payment Processor”), and the use and storage of that information is governed by our Payment Processor’s Terms of Service and Privacy Notice available at [INSERT URL TO PAYMENT PROCESSOR TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY NOTICE]. We may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for purposes of completing transactions or protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions.
[Your mailing information, such as mailing address, is used and stored by our third-party service provider, [INSERT NAME of SHIPPING PROCESSOR] (“Shipping Processor”), and the use and storage of that information is governed by our Shipping Processor’s Terms of Service and Privacy Notice available at [INSERT URL TO SHIPPING PROCESSOR TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY NOTICE]. We may from time to time request and receive some of your mailing information from our Shipping Processor for purposes of completing transactions or protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions.][DELETE IF NO SHIPPING PROCESSOR]
- Information we automatically collect:
When you visit the Site, or use a third-party website that interacts with our Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit before or after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
- How we use the information we collect:
- We generally use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us in order to provide you with information you request from us or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information.
- We may use Personal Information in any way we may describe to you when you provide such information or for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use non-identifying information (including aggregated data) about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information to contact you (a) for administrative purposes such as account recovery or to notify you of changes to this Privacy Notice or other policies or to our services and/or (b) to send you promotional materials about our or third parties’ services. Generally, you can opt out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
- We may use information we collect (including automatically or through cookies) to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide customized content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Site; and (d) monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- When we disclose your information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that cannot independently be used to identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To third parties or affiliates for business or marketing purposes. When possible, we provide this information in an aggregated or de-identified way.
- To our third-party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, credit card processing and other services for us.
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to comply with various reporting obligations; to protect ourselves from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to comply with state and federal laws; or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, whether as a going concern or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- In any way we may describe to you when you provide such information, to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information or for any other purpose with your consent.
- Your Choices:
- You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site.
- Once you have registered for an account, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (except for emails related to the completion of your registration, change of password, your purchase of goods or services, and other communications essential to your transactions through the Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email. Should you opt out, we will promptly honor your request, though we may retain certain information you submit (including in backups or archives) for a variety of purposes, including analytics, the prevention of fraud or abuse and compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with information, please alert us at email@example.com.
- Our Commitment to Data Security:
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your Personal Information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
- Visitors from Outside the United States:
This Site is controlled and operated by Kim White Style in the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you will be transferring your information, including Personal Information, outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, as necessary to provide to you the products and services available through the Site. Where required, we comply with applicable legal frameworks relating to the collection, storage, use, and transfer of personal information.
- Limitation of Liability:
By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers.
- Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat your information, including by placing a prominent notice on the Site or by sending you an email so that you can choose whether to continue using the Site. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Privacy Notice.
- Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how “Do Not Track” should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
- Our Contact Information:
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kim White Style